Here I am going to tell you about an interesting event which is related to flowers and plants and is held in the month of April. In the month of April individuals, organizations and communities across the nation celebrate National Gardening Day. According to a research nurturing plants is a beneficial activity. There are a lot of positive effects on health, improvement in nutrition, growth of spirit related to combine activities and better performance of adults and kids at various levels. It is basically a reason for celebrating the beauty and making this planet a healthier place to live.
There are no strict rules for celebrating or taking part in the event. You can do whatever you feel like doing and make the planet a beautiful place. There are a good number of activities to choose from, which will help in getting education and also having fun.
- If you are looking for a fun filled time, you can create your very own hide out. All you will need is a clean piece of land where you can place the sunflower seeds. Keep in mind to choose the seeds of the giant sunflower as they are perfect for the hideout. Water the seeds and continue the practice for two or three months. Later this place can be used as a hideout or for the birds to feed on the developed seeds.
- If you are looking for some creative time period then, you can turn the hard-shelled gourds into beautiful ornaments. You will need a few creative art materials to shape your thoughts and imaginations.
- Decoupage technique is the best for your plain pots. Take the best pictures of flowers and plants and paste them on the exterior of the pots. This will change their appearance and make them look more beautiful.
- For your garden activities you will gain some important tips from Brooklyn botanic garden institute. These tips will help you in maintaining your garden, taking care of the soil and storing the seeds accordingly.
- You can also make plant based dyes, with the help of different natural materials and the plant types. There are many plants, which have a special dye color and you can choose from them as a main source of dyeing. The rest depends on you how you carry and treat the dyed material and use it.
- Rose is the king of all flower types. You can grow different varieties of rose from their primary stems. During the activity you will come across all the essential tips, which are useful for planting and taking care of the rose plant.
- Terrariums are beautiful gardens, which are quite small in scale. They are also known as miniature gardens and are great for indoor beautification. There are many plants from which you can choose the suitable ones for your own terrarium.
Apart from these individual activities there are a lot of other activities, which can be done with the help of community and can turn out to be quite informative and fun. You can handle projects, visit the relevant organizations and get involved in all of the possible manners. If you have any great tips related to the Garden Day, I would certainly love to hear from you.